If you can access school buses without additional support then Transport for Greater Manchester has a document listing all school bus services in Trafford.
The Council provides travel assistance to eligible children, young people and adults who live in the borough of Trafford. There are a number of different types of travel assistance which can assist with getting to school, college or social care setting. The Council’s aim is to provide assistance in a consistent and equitable way in order to help people achieve maximum possible independence and at the same time to make reasonable and most efficient use of the Council’s resources.
For more information on the eligibility criteria and travel options available please view The All Age Travel Policy.
The Council provides travel assistance to the following groups:
- Children of compulsory school age (aged between 5 and 16 years)
- Children under compulsory school age starting reception
- Disabled children (0-18) accessing social care or similar including respite provision/short breaks
- Persons of sixth form age (aged between 16 to 18 and those continuing learners who started their programme of learning before their 19th birthday) to aid their attendance at school, college or place of learning
- Adult learners
- Adults with care and support needs
Certain courses can help give you the skills for travelling on your own, or with friends. Trafford Council run Independent Travel Training for young people who meet the criteria. Other local support organisations often run life skills courses that includes help with transport. See the Trafford travel training video.
Community transport offers a number of different ways for people who would otherwise be unable to get out and about to visit shops and other local amenities. Find out community transport in Trafford.
If you want to learn how to drive, you may be able to get a blue badge. This will let you park closer to where you are going.
You may be entitled to a disabled parking bay near your home. A disabled parking bay is outlined on the road with white lines and enables you to park near to your house.