When you are planning for the future you may need financial advice. When you are choosing someone to provide financial advice it is important that the adviser is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority.
When you are choosing someone to give advice you should think about:
- Do they have the right experience to help you? For example experience of equity release or life insurance.
- How will they be paid? Is there a set fee or does the adviser get commission on the products they sell?
- Is the person giving advice an independent financial adviser?
- Can they give ongoing advice?
- What qualifications does the adviser have?
You may be able to get recommendations about financial advisers from family or friends. If you are a member of a union they may also be able to recommend a financial adviser. However, you should always check that they are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority.
Find organisations in Trafford who may be able to offer financial advice and support.