Health visitors are the case co-ordinators for all families with children under 5 and can work holistically with parents and children. It is important that services work together to support children’s developmental progress and make sure every child gets the best start in life. All school nursery classes and early years settings in Trafford have been allocated a named health visitor.
If you are an early education provider and require advice or have concerns about a child in your care, you should contact your named health visitor for a discussion. This may result in a decision being taken to carry out an integrated review between the health visitor, the school or early years setting and the parent/carer. After your discussion or meeting, it may be agreed that the health visitor will refer the child on to other services such as Speech and Language Therapy. It is good practice for the early education provider and named health visitor to stay in regular contact.
Each school nursery class, private day nursery and preschool playgroup has been allocated a named health visitor. To find out who yours, please see the Health Visitor Allocations List which is split up into locality areas.
If you are a childminder and want to make contact with a Health Visitor in your area, you need to contact the central number for your local Health Visiting Team:
- Sale Team (Sale Central and Sale West) - 0161 912 5130 / 2287
- Sale Moor Team - 0161 912 1881
- Old Trafford Team - 0161 911 8247
- Stretford Team (Stretford and Gorse Hill) - 0161 912 5567
- Altrincham Team (Altrincham, Broadheath, Bowdon and Hale) - 0161 912 4044 / 3071
- Timperley Team - 0161 912 3355
- Cornhill Team (Urmston, Flixton and Davyhulme) - 0161 746 3810 Option 1
- Partington Team - 0161 775 1521