Trafford schools should refer to the SEND Code of Practice Chapter 6 and Trafford’s Graduated Approach Guidance before considering a referral for an EHC needs assessment. If you feel you have taken all appropriate action, you must discuss your intentions with parents and have their agreement before making a referral.
Schools should make a referral using the EHC needs assessment referral form in the Early Help Module of the Liquid Logic system. The current provision map is built into the form but previous maps should be attached as before with any relevant reports including the Educational Psychologist report and any health reports, such as Speech and Language Therapy.
You are required to sign the acceptable user policy before using your log in to Liquid Logic. The link to the system and the user document were emailed to all SENCOs when the system went live. To get started please read the EHC Request Guide presentation which is your training and then call the Helpdesk on 0161 912 2922.
- NA1 My story
- NA2 Parent carer comments
- NA3 Important people and the professionals involved
- NA4 Special educational needs
- NA5 Evidence and information for submission
- NA6 Consent for sharing information
Non-Trafford schools who do not have access to the forms on Liquid Logic can download Trafford NA School Referral Form (NA1-NA6).
- NA7 Evidence required for a Trafford EHC Needs Assessment
- NA8 Threshold checklist and criteria for Trafford EHC Needs Assessment
- NA9 Exit checklist for consideration to cease an EHC Plan
You can download Trafford NA School Checklists (NA7-NA9).