Trafford schools should refer to the SEND Code of Practice Chapter 6 and Trafford’s Graduated Approach Guidance before considering a referral for an EHC needs assessment. If you feel you have taken all appropriate action, you must discuss your intentions with parents and have their agreement before making a referral.
How to make a referral
Schools should make a referral using the EHC needs assessment referral form in the Early Help Module of the Liquid Logic system.
The current provision map is built into the form but previous maps should be attached as before with any relevant reports including the Educational Psychologist report and any health reports, such as Speech and Language Therapy.
Liquid Logic User Access
You are required to complete and sign the User Access Agreement form before you can submit a EHC Request. Once this has been processed by the Liquid Logic Team, you will be issued with your log in details.
- Complete the External User Accesss Agreement Form, and then send to Liquidlogicsupport@trafford.gov.uk
To get started please read the EHC Assessment Request - SENCO Guidance which is your training. For advice and support you can contact the Helpdesk on 0161 912 2922 or email us at Liquidlogicsupport@trafford.gov.uk.
- NA1 My story
- NA2 Parent carer comments
- NA3 Important people and the professionals involved
- NA4 Special educational needs
- NA5 Evidence and information for submission
- NA6 Consent for sharing information
Non-Trafford schools who do not have access to the forms on Liquid Logic can download Trafford NA School Referral Form (NA1-NA6).
- NA7 Evidence required for a Trafford EHC Needs Assessment
- NA8 Threshold checklist and criteria for Trafford EHC Needs Assessment
- NA9 Exit checklist for consideration to cease an EHC Plan
You can download Trafford NA School Checklists (NA7-NA9).