If you know which category you are looking for, you can click on it from the menu bar and go straight to it. For example, hover over Children and Families and it will show you a list of categories available.
- Use the Keywords box on the search bar
- Type one or more words to describe what you are looking for
- For example, housing
If you use more than one word, it will return results that contain at least one of the words you have entered.
If you use the plus sign (+) before each word, it will only return results that contain both the words. For example, +housing +advice will only return results containing both these words.
If you use double quotes (") around your search words, it will only return results that contain those words as an exact phrase. For example, "mental health".
- Use the Place name or postcode box on the search bar
- Find results nearest to a location.
- Try a town name such as Altrincham, or postcode such as M33 7ZF or M33.
Once you have your search results, you may use search filters to narrow them down. These are displayed in lists to the left of your search results. You can select filters such as area, category and age range to really customise your search.
Sorting your search results
You can change the sort order of your search results. Do this using the Sorted by drop down menu shown above your search results. The options available will depend on the type of search you have done. These are all the sort options:
- Sorted by best match (most relevant to your keyword search)
- Sorted alphabetically (A-Z)
- Sorted by distance (if you have done a full postcode search)
- Sorted by rating (based on ratings left by users)