Skip to main content

How school and college funding works

Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)

All mainstream schools are provided with resources to support those with additional needs. This includes pupils/students with Special Educational Needs and who are Disabled (SEND). The amount of resources they receive is calculated by a local funding formula. The formula is discussed with our local funding forum and it also applies to local academies.  

Find out more in the Funding for SEN in mainstream schools guide produced by Trafford Parent and Young People Partnership Service (PYPPS).

Back to top