If you're struggling with food there is help available.
Find out more below about who you can contact and how they can help.
Futher information on support with money matters
South, Central and West Trafford
Trafford South Food Bank operate from 5 community hubs on each week day:
- Sale Moor: Mondays, 12pm to 2pm at St Francis Church, M33 2RP
- Sale West: Tuesdays, 11am to 1pm at Sale West Youth and Community Centre, M33 4QW
- Altrincham: Wednesdays, 10.30am to 12.30pm at St Alban’s Church Hall, WA14 5NX
- Partington: Thursdays, 10.30am to 12.30pm at The Fuse ROC Centre, M31 4BU
- Timperley: Fridays 10am to 12pm at Timperley Methodist Church, WA15 7UG
To access Trafford South Food Banks you need to have a voucher that are held by social care and health organisations as well as some charities or libraries.
Stretford: Tuesdays and Fridays, 10.30am to 1.30pm.
We'll be carrying out last Christmas Deliveries on Thursday 23 December from vouchers received on 22 December 2021.
Open 29 and 30 December 2021 but re-opening as normal on 4 January 2022.
Citizen's Advice Bureau
You can talk to Citizens Advice Trafford | Trafford Directory for vouchers to access Food banks as well as advice around more support.
Freephone number: 0808 2787803.
Hideaway Support - offering food and packed lunch support for children living in Partington.
Sale Moor Holiday Lunchbox Club - Each day we can provide around 35 lunches for children aged 5-16 years. So if you are struggling or know someone that is then let them know and get in touch with us. Lunch will be a sandwich, drink and fruit snack.
Will be providing Hot meals on Monday 21 December 2022 and Wednesday 23 December 2022. Food parcels go on until Christmas Eve.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07958 709238 for a referral form:
Emergency Food Parcels – call or email St John’s Hub
0161 872 7795
Barakah are only taking referrals from partner agencies.
Members of the Our Sale West community will automatically have their addresses entered into a draw to win 1 of 8 food hampers
Hot meals (inc vegetarian)
Email Mr Sukbhir Singh email@example.com
Weekly mobile food pantry open for all residents. £7.50 for a weekly collection of three bags of food including dry food, fresh fruit, veg and refrigerated food. Smaller or larger options are available for those living alone or larger families.
Sign up: Send us a text (the numbers do not accept incoming calls) to the relevant number below with your full name, your postcode and the name of your hub (Venue) and they will get in touch.
- St John’s Centre Old Trafford Monday 13.30-14.00
- Sale West CC Sale West Monday 13.30-14.00
- Ear 4 U Partington Tuesday 13.30-14.00
- St Albans Broadheath/Altrincham Tuesday 17.00-17.30
- Gorse Hill Church Stretford Wednesday 13.30-14.00
- St Francis Church Sale Moor Wednesday 13.30-14.00
- Broomwood CC Broomwood/Altrincham Wednesday 13.30-14.00
- St Monica’s Church Flixton Friday 13.30-14.00
Sale West. Each bag contains food for a family of 4 at £1.75 per portion. No eligibility criteria – anyone can access.
The ASDA Foundation's grants programmes aims to support grassroots charitable organisations working at the heart of its stores' communities. Registered charities, community groups, voluntary organisations and other not-for-profit organisations in the UK can apply for support with initiatives that will make a real long-term difference, benefiting the wider community.
The Feeding Communities Grant has been designed to help provide meals to anyone in need in the lead up to Christmas.
Support for children who are eligible for free school meals but are self-isolating due to suspected or confirmed cases of covid, within their school bubbles.
This offer is for schools only to order & will only apply during term-time.