Skip to main content

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

CQC is the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England.

CQC makes sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage them to improve.

CQC has information about all the services they inspect including residential and nursing homes; homecare and hospitals.

Raising a concern about care

If you have concerns about a care home, home-care agency or other adult social care service, you should contact Trafford Council.

You can also contact CQC about your concerns about any care service.

If you’ve experienced or seen poor care, you have a right to feed back or complain to the organisation that provided or paid for the care. CQC cannot make these complaints for you or take them up on your behalf. That may seem confusing but it’s because we don’t have powers to investigate or resolve them.

Find out more about how to Complain about a service or provider.

If you think an unregistered service is operating

It is a criminal offence for any person or organisation to provide health or adult social care services without first registering with CQC. If you know of any unregistered service, please contact CQC.

Who to contact

03000 616161
Last updated date:
28 July 2016


Sign in to write a review

Back to top