Home-Start Trafford and Salford supports families going through difficult times by providing volunteers who visit them regularly in their own homes. As a parent you might ask for Home-Start's help for all sorts of reasons:
- You may be feeling isolated in your community, have no family nearby and be struggling to make friends
- You may be finding it hard to cope because of your own, or your child's illness.
- You may have been hit hard by the death of a loved one
- You may be really struggling with emotional and physical demands of having twins or triplets - perhaps born into an already large family.
Help is at hand. We support any family living in Trafford with a child of any age or any family living in Salford who have at least one child under the age of five and who maybe finding it hard to cope.
But what do we mean by 'support'? If you ask for Home-Start's help you can be sure of total confidentiality. Almost 25% of families refer themselves, the remainder having requests made on their behalf e.g. by a health visitor or GP.
We offer 3 types of support for Trafford families, they are:-
- A couple of home visits from Home-Start staff, for example information will be provided about other services/referrals maybe made and encouragement to access universal services.
- 4 months support (40 hours maximum) from a Family Support Worker within the Home-Start staff team
- Parent to parent, 2 hour weekly volunteer befriending support, available for a maximum of 6 months.
After asking for our support you will meet with one of our local co-ordinators who will carefully match you with one of our volunteers. Our volunteers, who all have parenting experience, will visit you for a couple of hours a week and give you both emotional and practical help.