The Community Learning Disability Team in Trafford has a range of health professionals who may be able to help. These include: Community Learning Disability Nurses; Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Psychologist, Psychiatry and Healthcare and Therapy Assistants.
Things that the Community Learning Disability Team can offer include:
- Health Action Plans
- support with complex health issues
- eating drinking and swallowing assessments
- advice on communication
- advice and assessment on independent living skills and engagement in activities
- support with physical conditions
- advice on emotional difficulties including anxiety, anger, bereavement and relationships
- support with physical and mental health issues/conditions
- support with individuals who have behavioural issues.