The Counselling and Family Centre is looking for volunteers to work in their new community café in Stamford Park
- Do you have any spare time – anything from 3 hours up to 3 days a week?
- No previous experience required, but enthusiasm and an interest in helping your community definitely is!
- Full training and ongoing support will be given
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers –
- you may be at sixth form or college wanting to learn new skills
- you may be looking to get back in to work, or have never worked, and want to learn new skills, gain experience and build your confidence
- you may be retired and feel you have valuable skills to pass on to others
- we fully support the Ban the Box campaign
What we will offer you
As a Volunteer Café Worker you will be the face and hands of the café, being friendly and enthusiastic with customers, and preparing and serving their menu choices. The following training will be given, as appropriate:
- Practical training in preparing and serving food and drinks in the café
- Customer service training
- Training programme to enable you to achieve your Level 1 Food Hygiene Certificate.