Are you a parent or carer?
Are you currently looking to return to work after time off to care for someone?
Have you been out of work for the last 12 months?
Do you live in Greater Manchester?
If so, contact us on the details below to find out about help available to find employment with supportive employers.
Caring, Working, Living aims to support people with caring responsibilities who are looking to return to work (Returners) to increase their confidence and self-esteem in relation to returning to paid employment and to improve their understanding of the skills that employers are looking for.
How can we help?
- Practical support with CVs and interview tips. We can provide information to about agencies in your local area that provide support with job skills.
- Financial support to help with some of the costs associated with job searching. For example this could be towards the cost of alternative care or childcare costs whilst attending an interview or training event. Help to travel to an employment support activity, or interview costs such as travel or clothing.
- We can link you to employers across Greater Manchester that have family-friendly recruitment and employment practices such as flexible working.
- We can provide infromation about employers that are offering workplace visits, work trials, placements or returnships as part of their recruitment.
- Let you know what support may be available from employers once in work.
Provide peer support through our Facebook page
Caring, Working, Living is being led by GMCVO (Greater Manchester Centre for Voluntary Organisations) and delivered in partnership with Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce.