Your local Family Information Service (FIS) provides a range of information on all services available to parents, including parents of disabled children. Contact your FIS for up-to-date details of local childcare and early years provision in your area.
Your FIS is usually located within the local authority / council and has close links with children's centres, Jobcentre Plus, schools, careers advisers, youth clubs and libraries so that they can better support you when you need it.
As well as offering information about local childcare services and availability, FIS can give extra help if you need childcare for a child with a disability or special needs, or if you need out of hours childcare.
If you live in one of the other nine Greater Manchester Local Authorities, please click on the links below to go to their Family Information Service websites:
- Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council
- Bury Metropolitan Borough Council
- Manchester City Council
- Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council
- Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council
- Salford City Council
- Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council
- Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council
- Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council
If you live anywhere else, please visit the Find Your FIS website to find your local service.