Trafford Domestic Abuse Services (TDAS) is a registered charity offering support to individuals and families who are affected by domestic abuse. We support both female and male victims of domestic abuse who live or work in the Trafford area. We also support Children and Young people who are/have witnessed Domestic Abuse.
- Refuge Accommodation
- Tier 2 Move on accommmodation
- Floating Support Service
- Supporting Change Service (outreach, short term support service)
- Children and Young Peoples Support Service
- Training Programmes including:
- True Colours - 6 week DA awareness course
- Back to me - 5 week personal development programme
- Speak Out Speak Now -6 week healthy relationship coursse for young adults 13-17
- R'Space - 7 week programme for 5-13yr who are living in or have witnessed domestic abuse in the household
- Speak Out Speak Now Workshop 13-17yr
- R'Space Workshop 3-12yr
- Training for Professionals
- Counselling for Adults & Children
- Womens Group
Domestic Abuse can happen to anyone - it has no regard for your sex, your age, the amount of money you have, where you live, what ethnicity you are, whether you are gay, straight or transgender, or if you are religious or not.
Once abuse has started it is likely to happen again. Abuse is rarely an isolated, one-off incident. Usually, it is part of a pattern of controlling behaviour that becomes worse with time.