Trafford Family Information Service (FIS)
Here at the Family Information Service we provide free, impartial, confidential information and advice to mums, dads, carers, young people and professionals on a range of subjects including:
We can support you find suitable registered childcare at a childminder, pre-school playgroup, day nursery and out of school provision.
Additional help finding childcare (Brokerage) is available if you:
- Have a 2 year old who is eligible for the free early education entitlement
- Have a child with special educational needs or who is disabled
- Are a disabled parent carer
- Have English as an additional language
- Are new to the area
- Are a parent carer who is starting or returning to work, education or training
- Are a first time expectant parent
- Have recently fostered or adopted a child
Advice on early education funding for two, three and four year olds, 30 hours childcare for working families and Tax Free Childcare.
SEND Local Offer
Local authorities have a duty to publish a Local Offer, setting out in one place information about what is available across education, health and social care for children and young people in Trafford who have special educational needs or are disabled (SEND). The information and web content within the Local Offer is managed by Trafford Family Information Service.
Our locality based Outreach Officers ensure that accurate, accessible information is available in a variety formats that meets the needs of the community.
They regularly support professionals who are working directly with families to make sure the information they are providing is the most accurate and up to date.
The team provide information stands at supermarkets, libraries, community buildings and a range of events across the borough.
If you do not live in Trafford or require services in another area find your local family information service.
Who to contact
- 0161 912 1053 0161 912 1053
- Trafford Directory website
- Scan to visit this website
Office hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Where to go
- Sale Waterside
Town Hall, 1
- M33 7ZF
- View M33 7ZF on a map
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Time of day
Who is it for?
- All age
- Supporting People With
- Learning disability
- Mental health
- Autistic Spectrum
- Physical impairment
- Challenging Behaviour
- Profound or Multiple Needs
- Hearing impairment
- Visual impairment
- Referral Required?