We are a UK wide involvement network of carers and former carers of people living with dementia, hosted by Life Story Network CIC.
Caring for someone with dementia can, at times, be challenging, isolating and exhausting but it can also be very rewarding. There are around 670,000 carers of people living with dementia in the UK. They do a fantastic job, saving the state £11bn a year, but many say that they do not have the services and support they need.
Here at tide, we empower carers and former carers of people living with dementia, helping them to recognise that they are experts by experience. We believe that by working closely with carers and former carers, we can help them understand that, as experts, their voice matters, and can be used to bring about real change. That’s why we’re here, uniting carers and former carers across the country to use their experience and knowledge to help themselves and others.
Benefits of being a member of tide:
- Keep up to date with what tide is achieving, both for and with carers/former carers, through our newsletter
- Take part in our bespoke Development Programme, learning the skills to help you use your caring experience constructively, to influence change and empower yourself and others
- Use your skills and experience to be involved in research at different levels
- Use your skills and experience to speak up locally, regionally and nationally to influence policy and legislation
- Be part of a social movement that puts carers and former carers at the heart of everything we do
- Be part of a UK wide network that campaigns for better support for carers, former carers and their loved ones
- Meet other carers and former carers of people living with dementia
- You may just want to receive our newsletter and not take part in our training or events, we are sensitive to the needs of carers and former carers depending on where they are in their journey
- We are not a support service, but we can offer signposting to services that offer practical and emotional support