As per government guidance to ensure your safety and that of our staff, we are currently only offering to support carers over the phone only. All groups are on hold until further notice. We are still accepting referrals.
About our service
Trafford Carers Centre is here to offer help and support to any unpaid Carers in the Trafford area that may need support in their caring role.
As a registered charity all of our services are free to any Carers regardless of their type of caring role.
We have a dedicated team of caseworkers to support every caring role; from Learning & Disability, Autism & Asperger’s, Dementia, Stroke, Health, End of Life and Young Carers.
Our caseworkers are here to provide any carer with;
- Help with a free Carer's Assessment
- Help with the Emergency card scheme
- Emotional support
- Assistance with applying for funding
- Welfare & Benefits advice
- Health Checks
- Home visits
- Complementary therapies
- Training sessions
Along with this Trafford Carers Centre also has a bereavement support group, an emergency helpline, young carers support group, an Art club, Craft club and a Choir.
See Trafford's Carers, Family and Friends Strategy for how we are working to:
- promote the independence and physical and mental wellbeing of carers and their families.
- empower and support carers to manage their caring roles and have a life outside of caring.
- ensure that all carers receive the right support, at the right time, in the right place, including when caring comes to an end.
- respect the right of all carers to decide and choose in relation to how much care they will provide.
- ensure all carers will be respected and listened to as expert care partners and will be actively involved in care planning, shared decision-making and reviewing services.
- ensure all carers have access to training & learning to support their caring role.