Trafford Carers Centre is here to offer help and support to any unpaid Carers in the Trafford area that may need support in their caring role.
As a registered charity all of our services are free to any Carers regardless of their type of caring role.
We have a dedicated team of caseworkers to support every caring role; from Learning & Disability, Autism & Asperger’s, Dementia, Stroke, Health, End of Life and Young Carers.
Our caseworkers are here to provide any carer with;
- Help with a free Carer's Assessment
- Help with the Emergency card scheme
- Emotional support
- Assistance with applying for funding
- Welfare & Benefits advice
- Health Checks
- Home visits
- Complementary therapies
- Training sessions
Along with this Trafford Carers Centre also has a bereavement support group, an emergency helpline, young carers support group, an Art club, Craft club and a Choir.
See Trafford's Carers, Family and Friends Strategy for how we are working to:
- promote the independence and physical and mental wellbeing of carers and their families.
- empower and support carers to manage their caring roles and have a life outside of caring.
- ensure that all carers receive the right support, at the right time, in the right place, including when caring comes to an end.
- respect the right of all carers to decide and choose in relation to how much care they will provide.
- ensure all carers will be respected and listened to as expert care partners and will be actively involved in care planning, shared decision-making and reviewing services.
- ensure all carers have access to training & learning to support their caring role.