Bespoke Health & Social Care empower individuals to take control of their care package without having to employ staff, managing sickness & holiday cover, and without the stress of money management & financial reporting. This gives the individual and their family the ability to call the shots whilst living their life to the full.
- Supporting clients with complex needs
- Ability to provide access to 1 carer 24/7 within a 2 hour timeframe
- The capacity to provide this ‘wrap around’ care for up to 72 hour
- The ability to be flexible in extending 72 hours if identified as appropriate by health or social care professional/commissioner
- To provide daily update of capacity to the LA, CCG , Discharge team
- To work collaboratively with all community services including District Nurses, Rapid Intervention Team, General Practitioners, Social Workers, Re-ablement Services, Therapists and other professionals to ensure all of an individual’s health and social care needs are addressed
- With the Service User's knowledge, the Service Provider must ensure that Home Care Workers note in the care records kept in the Service User's home the time and date the care/service provided and any significant occurrence.
- Records should be made at the time of each visit and include (where appropriate)
o Assistance with medication, including time and dosage
o Other requests for assistance with medication and action taken
o Details of any change in the Service User's circumstances, health, physical condition or care and support needs
o Any accident, however minor, involving the Service User and/or Home Care Worker
o Any other untoward or serious incidents (e.g. emergencies or safeguarding issues)
- To work within identified care plans
- To follow identified escalation plans