Life's better together
The Royal Voluntary Service (RVS) Good Neighbour service in Trafford is just that. Someone local who will help out with all the things a caring, friendly neighbour would gladly do. Good Neighbours can be so much more than practical help or a chat and a cup of tea, it can keep you connected to the local community and build confidence - it can even keep you healthier.
- Taking you to appointments for the optician, doctor or dentist.
- Taking you to visit relatives, friends, and places of worship.
- Helping you attend local clubs, groups and activities.
- Regular friendly telephone chats.
- Support when going to look at care homes.
- Help with coming home from hospital, including transport, getting your home ready, and support afterwards.
- Or just popping round to help walk the dog or have a friendly chat.
New volunteers are always welcomed!