DUE TO COVID-19 THIS SERVICE IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD
We offer a six month programme of appointments with dietitians to support children and young people to become a healthier weight.
The programme includes -
- Practical ideas for healthy eating
- How to increase activity and details of local activity sessions
- Support for making changes as a family
Your first appointment -
Your first appointment will be an initial assessment where we will discuss how you feel about your child's weight, what things you have already tried and how ready you feel to make changes. This appointment will last about 40 minutes. Although we do not focus on weight, we will ask to measure weight and height at this appointment, you do not have to agree to this.
The programme -
If it is agreed that the programme is right for you and your family you will be invited to join. The programme will include regular appointments in a relaxed and friendly environment with the dietitian. Appointments usually last about 40 minutes and are available at a range of times, days and venues.
Your role -
- commit to the programme and making changes as a family
- work on agreed changes as a family and be open and honest about progess - we know that changing habits is not always easy and we can support you with this
- Attend appointments or let us know if you cannot attend