ABLEize is the largest collection of national and local disability and special needs resources in the UK and Europe. Established in 2006 and run by the disabled to give greater information, resources and choice to those with a disability, their family and carers.
This is just a snap shot of some of the resources ABLEize highlight under one roof from more than 420 disability related categories.
- Access And Travel provides details of disabled access groups that consist of disabled people advising on all types of access to local services as well as how to get involved. accessible housing with details of housing associations, adapted property and charities working with disabled people and developers. airport access where you can check the services and facilities offered in your local airport, disability insurance providers that specialise in all disability and health conditions, wheelchair friendly hotels, Disabled Travel Advice and even details of holiday mobility aids rental can all be found with ease inside this area dedicated to disabled access and travel issues. Also see the ABLEize disability blog for articles of interest.
- Disabled and Special needs Support is an important area of ABLEize and a great deal of time is spent to ensure disabled people, their family and carers can find support contacts and groups for a whole range of conditions from ADHD, carers support and amputee right through to Spina bifida and wheelchair users support.
ABLEize Disability has far too many important areas to mention but visiting the home page and searching or clicking through the categories will soon have you finding the information or resources you require. Some of the most popular categories are:
- Children's Disability Resources
- Disabled Children's Holidays
- Live in Carers
- Adaptive and Special Needs Clothing
- Disability Arts
- UK Disabled Groups and Clubs
- Disabled Accessible Holidays
- Disabled Benefit Advice
- Disabled Employment Advice
- Special Needs Education
- Arthritis Care Treatment
- Disabled Schools and Colleges
- Multi Sensory Play Therapy
- Disability Sports
- Wheelchair Accessible Canal Boats
ABLEize also provides details of a range of disability products and services that are vital to many disabled people, a brief example of these are below: