The courses are tailored to meet the needs of older people and are delivered in a fun informal setting within a small group. The course is designed to give people the confidence and ability to start using computers as part of their everyday lives.
We also arrange a number of drop-in sessions and follow on courses and there is an opportunity to meet up with your fellow learners within the libraries after the course to practise your new found skills.
Silver Surfer basic computer course – 4 weeks
What will the course cover?
Basic introduction to computers
- How to use a mouse
- Basic components of a computer
- How to produce, file and save a word document
- Be aware of icons in Microsoft Word
- Set up an external e-mail account
- How to send Electronic Mail
- How to access the internet
- Explore websites using search engines