Consumer Advice and Trading Standards
Initial consumer advice in England and Wales is provided by the Citizens Advice Consumer Service, a telephone and online consumer advice service which is supported by local authorities and funded by the Government Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Their advisors are trained to provide clear, practical and impartial advice on how to resolve your problem and act as the primary gateway for reporting consumer complaints to Trading Standards. All information reported through the Citizens Advice Consumer Service is shared with appropriate Trading Standards Services.
- Citizens Advice Consumer Services advice line 0808 223 1133 (lines open Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm);
- Citizen's Advice website;
- Trading Standards promote and uphold a fair and safe trading environment for Trafford consumers and businesses through the provision of advice, education and enforcement where necessary.
- We aim to respond to requests for services within five working days.
- We mount a rapid response to incidents of Doorstep Crime in progress (for example, where bogus builders are in the process of committing a crime) .
- Scams - iCAN is a messaging system intended for anybody living in the community who would like to be made aware of the latest cons and scams. Anyone can become a member of iCAN.
- There are scams aimed at the recently bereaved so we have produced a Scams after bereavement leaflet to help keep you safe from scams.
- We give talks to community groups.