Skip to main content

Residential Training

You can apply for residential training if you’re an unemployed disabled adult. You can do this if there aren’t any suitable training courses available to you locally.

The courses can help you get a job, give you more experience to keep a job or become self-employed. There are 9 residential training providers located throughout England.

You’ll get help finding work through a combination of guidance, work experience and qualifications. Courses vary from college to college, with many leading to National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) in things like:

  • administration
  • catering
  • retail
  • horticulture
  • leisure/tourism/travel

You can also get help with your living costs and some travel costs. The amount you get will depend - eg, on the cost of your accommodation or price of travel tickets.

Who to contact

Residential Training

Who is it for?

Supporting People With
Learning disability
Mental health conditions
Autistic Spectrum
Communication impairment
Physical impairment
Challenging Behaviour
Profound or Multiple Needs
Hearing impairment
Visual impairment
Eligibility Details

You can apply for residential training if you can’t find training courses locally and you’re:

  • a UK resident with a disability
  • aged 18 or over
  • unemployed

How to use this service

Referral Required?
Referral Details

You can apply for residential training and find out what courses are available by contacting your Disability Employment Advisor (DEA) at your local Job Centre Plus.

How accessible is this service?

Further Details

The training courses take place in accessible college buildings. Staff with knowledge of disability issues teach the courses.


Sign in to write a review

Back to top