Skip to main content

Help at Hand - Children's Commissioner service

Need help?

If you are a young person in care, a care leaver, or living away from home and need advice or support - we're here to help.

We offer support and advice if:

you want to make a complaint, you're not getting the right support, you're not being heard, you feel unsafe or you're worried about placement moves, housing, finances or your future.

We'll take action

We'll give you advice and support. We'll use our influence to make sure your rights are upheld.

We'll do this by:

  • offering advice when you need information
  • assistance when you need support
  • representation when you need someone to listen.

Get in touch

We'll listen and ask questions to understand your situation and views. It's confidential and free!

Information for professionals:

Guidance for local authority professionals about Help at Hand

Statutory guidance for professionals about visits to children and young people with SEND in long-term residential settings

Who to contact

0800 528 0731

When is it on?

Days & Times
Open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

Who is it for?

up to 25 years of age
Eligibility Details

Children and young people in care or who is a care leaver

Last updated date:
23 September 2020

We strongly suggest contacting the service or activity before you use it. This way you can check all the details are correct and that everything is right for you. Trafford Directory disclaimer


Sign in to write a review