Collaborative Women UK provide safe homes and life empowerment training for single women aged 18-30 (upper age limit flexible) from BAME backgrounds (typically, but not exclusively) to help them forge an independent & sustainable future.
The Collaborative Women Model has been purposely developed to provide accommodation for young women fleeing abuse/ gender based violence from all sections of the community.
We provide high quality peer group accommodation and intensive housing management services (which includes life skills training) to vulnerable women sufferers of gender based violence. We:
- Understand the housing and support needs of women fleeing violence.
- Have skilled staff team to deliver specialised intensive housing management services and the ability to access additional relevant partner support services who are able to deliver the services not provided by CW staff
- Ensure that service users have a meaningful stake in our organisation by ensuring that they influence decisions relevant to themselves as well as the day-to-day functioning of the accommodation where they live
- Ensure that the culture and lifestyle of our accommodation reflects the culture, lifestyle, wishes, and aspirations of those who live there
- Create and promote opportunities for people to access community and educational facilities that are both realistic and appropriate
- Provide information and skills required for individuals to make informed and realistic choices and decisions