Skip to main content

Chaperone Licences

Children who take part in public performances or entertainment under a local authority licence must be supervised by an approved chaperone - unless they are in the care of their parent or an approved tutor.

Chaperones can only be approved and licensed by the local authority in which they live. 

To apply for a licence you will need to:

  • Complete and submit a Chaperone Licence application form (currently under development).
  • Apply for a DBS check through Trafford Council (administration fee applies). Use your application reference number to link your check to your application. If you already hold a DBS which has been issued in the last three months please have your reference number ready to enter on your application.

A chaperone is in there in place of a parent and can they look after up to 12 children at a time.

They are responsible for the welfare and wellbeing of each child, including:

  • ensuring the child has enough breaks and meals
  • taking action if the child is ill, upset or tired
  • identifying and managing health and safety issues.

You should apply at least 8-12 weeks before you need the licence.

Who to contact

0161 912 3295
Trafford Council - Chaperone Licences
Related Organisation

When is it on?

Days & Times
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
Last updated date:
08 September 2020

We strongly suggest contacting the service or activity before you use it. This way you can check all the details are correct and that everything is right for you. Trafford Directory disclaimer


Sign in to write a review