Skip to main content

I am worried about an adult

Members of the public

If you have concerns about an adult in Trafford, aged 18 or over, and you are worried that they are being harmed or are at risk of harm, please ring 0161 912 5135 to discuss your concerns. If you prefer you can complete the Safeguarding Adults: Public Concern Form.

If you need to report something out of hours, contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0161 912 2020 or at

It is very important that if you think a crime has been committed, or something is happening now, and it is urgent, that you phone the Police on 101. If someone is in immediate danger and/or emergency services are needed, dial 999.


Practitioners, professionals, staff and volunteers can contact the Community Screening Team at Trafford Council to discuss concerns about an adult on 0161 912 2820.  To make a referral, you can complete the Adult Safeguarding Concern - Referral Form.

Worried about a child

If you have concerns about the safety of a child or young person please contact the Multi Agency Referral and Assessment team (MARAT).

Back to top