Skip to main content

Compliments, comments and complaints

Person writing letter

This information is about adult social care services. If your complaint is about any other Trafford Council service please go to the Council website.

Trafford Council aims to provide high quality social care services for people of Trafford. We want to know how we are performing and what you think about our services.

Your compliments, comments and complaints tell us when we are doing well, where we could do better, and where we might be going wrong. We use your feedback in our work to improve the quality of our services.

Please tell us when you're happy with your service or if you have an idea on how it could be improved. If you want to compliment a member of staff, let their local service team know. You can also tell the Integrated Customer Engagement Team (ICE) who will make sure your compliment is passed to the staff member and their manager.

If things go wrong there is a complaints procedure. You can contact the Integrated Customer Engagement Team if you need advice or support to make your complaint. Your right to receive a high quality service will not be affected. Arrangements can be made for an interpreter or signer if this required.

Complaints to other organisations

In many cases we commission services from organisations and agencies which are wholly or partly funded by us but we do not provide the services ourselves.

If your complaint is solely about one of these services you need to contact the relevant organisation or agency directly. They are obliged under regulations to have their own robust complaints procedure. You should receive a direct response from them.

It is important that you allow the organisation or agency to conduct the investigation or complaint and respond to you accordingly. If you are not happy with the response to your complaint, or you receive no response, then contact the Customer Relationships Team who will see if they can assist.

If you fund your own care

If you are funding your own care and have concerns about the support you are receiving, you should complain to your service provider. You can ask for a copy of their complaints policy at any time. If you are unhappy with the response, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman.

Care Quality Commission

The Care Quality Commission, (CQC), is the independent regulator for all health and social care services in England, whether they are provided by the NHS, local authorities, private companies or voluntary organisations. They also protect the rights of people detained under the Mental Health Act.

The CQC cannot investigate your individual complaint but you can contact them for advice about making a complaint.

Local Government Ombudsman

The Local Government Ombudsman is the Social Care Ombudsman, investigating all complaints about adult care services. It does not matter if your care is provided by a council or paid for yourself.

The Ombudsman can look at complaints about:

  • care provided by a council
  • care arranged directly with a care provider by:
    • someone paying with their own or family money
    • someone using money provided by a council, via direct payment for example

There is no charge for using the Local Government Ombudsman.

Back to top