Skip to main content

Help at home

If your needs are changing and you need more help and support in your daily life, there is a range of services who can help you keep your independence.   

To help identify which services would best meet your needs, you can request a social care needs assessment.  


Home care agencies

Home Care agencies provide staff who come to your home to help with tasks like getting out of bed, dressing, personal hygiene, cooking, cleaning, taking medication, or accompanying you when you go out.


Choosing a home care agency

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulates and inspects care homes and other care services in England. They have produced a guide called 'What can you expect from a good home-care agency?' 


Respite care

Respite Care can help someone for a short period of time, for example when recovering from illness or surgery, or allow a person's carer to have a break.


Sheltered and extra care housing

Sheletered and extra care housing are accommodation complexes which usually have communal facilities for socialising, with trained staff on-site who can help deal with emergencies.


Specialist equipment and home adaptations

Equipments, aids and adaptations are adjustments made to the facilities in your home to meet your changing needs, or to make everyday tasks easier.


Paying for support

A financial assessment will find out how much, if anything, you will need to put towards the cost of your care.

Get help with money, housing and legal matters, from services who can offer advice or work on your behalf.  


Meal services

Meal delivery services who bring prepared, frozen meals to your home, and lunch clubs run by community groups all over Trafford. 


Keeping your home warm

Cold weather can affect your health. Find out how to keep your home warm to keep yourself well.


Back to top